Let’s talk about self-love for a minute. As moms, women, or even men, most of us struggle with it. It’s so easy to compare your body, ability as a mother or father, lifestyle, marriage, or whatever else with another. Social media makes it SO much easier to do so.
I find that I have an easier time discussing my “flaws” or struggles. I don’t think it’s a bad thing. It’s nice to relate to someone else who may be having those same struggles and insecurities. It may even help you become more open about your struggles and be able to discuss them out in the open more. (This is why I blog, I find that being transparent and open about my life makes me feel better, mentally). When we came out with our infertility story, it was SO FREEING. So many other people have reached out to us about their own struggles since then. It’s nice to connect and relate to other people. It makes you feel not so alone. It was also nice to give those people some hope 🙂
While speaking about the “not so happy parts” of your life can be very helpful and even positive, I have trouble talking about the things I’m good at or things that I like about myself. It’s like society has made us believe that if you say good things about yourself or discuss what you’re good at, you’re full of yourself or boasting. I’m realizing, it just cultivates more negative than positive. For every struggle you discuss, maybe think about something you’re good at. Tell me something you love about yourself!
I’m going to come up with 5 things I love about myself and challenge you to do the same. Maybe write those things down and put them on your mirror. Remind yourself that it’s okay to love yourself and it’s okay to let people know that you do!
- I’m a great writer. I LOVE to write and get my thoughts down.
- I’m really good at looking at situations from multiple perspectives. A lot of my friends come to me for advice and I LOVE that and I LOVE to help people.
- I’m intelligent. I KILLED it in college. Although I am a SAHM currently, I plan to go back to school for my masters degree once we are debt free 🙂
- I’m really good at painting. I don’t mean artistically, but around the house and painting little projects. Attention to detail is my thing.
- Last but certainly not least, I’m a wonderful mother. Motherhood comes completely natural to me. I am an overprotective mama bear and I’m proud of it 😛
I’ll be honest, that felt weird lol But I think it’s important to do it! Let’s stop focusing on the negative and keep our attention on the positive as MUCH as we can. You can’t live a positive life with a negative mind. I want to know what you’re good at or what you love about yourself! Do you love your hair? Are you artsy? Do you love to cook? Comment on here, on the Facebook post, or you can even message me! FIVE THINGS. GO!
*If you’re from Instagram: Post the 5 things you love about yourself on your stories!
Start with “Self-love challenge by @thetrieflertribe” please!